The founding of Sława Śląska Forest District is associated with the end of World War II, when the Regained Territories hosted new structures of the National Forests, merging the previously fragmented forest areas owned by private landowners of that time, modelled on the existing for twenty years on Polish territory. In 1945, on the area of the current Sława Śląska Forest District four districts were created - Sława Śląska, Wschowa, Kochanowo and Świętno. Structure and territorial range of forest districts were subject to change over the years and in 1979 the current organisational state was shaped. Initially, Sława Śląska Forest District consisted of 24 forestries. Currently, there are 14 of them and administer the area of about 26 thousand hectares of forests.