Sława Śląska is located in Lubuskie Province, Wschowa district. The village has just over 4,300 inhabitants. City of Sława is located by Sławskie Lake. Because of its locationit is a perfect holiday resort. Sława has Slavic roots and the first mention of Sława dates back to the thirteenth century. It was founded and remained in the possession of the Głogów Dukes and was named Sława. The castle grew in importance due to its location on the trade route towards the Greater Poland. In 1468 years Głogów Prince Henry XI sold Sława to the Rechenbergs and until 1945 the city remained in German hands. Initially it had a Polish-sounding name Schlawa, which in 1937 was changed by the Nazi authorities to Schlesiersee. After the end of World War II the city he regained its Polish-sounding name of Sława and returned to Poland.
Sława is a tourist destination. Situated by Sławskie Lake it attracts a great number of tourists seeking tranquillity and relaxation during the summer (and not only). In summer many cultural and sports events are organized there.